Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The happiest day of my life!

OK, maybe not quite, but it's certainly looking up!

First, I read the initial artist line-up for Bumbershoot and see that Crowded House are performing. Waaa? They're not together anymore...

After a quick Google search, I see that they are in fact back together, and have a new album due out this year with Johnny Marr. (I love his performance of "Down on the corner" on the "7 Worlds Collide" live album).

Marr joins the surviving Crowded House founding members, and new drummer Matt Sherrod who replaces Paul Hester (who died in '05). Johnny Marr certainly seems to be getting around lately: he's also joined local band Modest Mouse...

I'm glad I bought my Bumbershoot tickets early, and can't wait to see the new Crowded House line-up! I wonder if Eddie Vedder will make a guest appearance? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

johnny hasn't joined ch, he has written a song in nz with Neil