Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Music news

Some interesting (to me) music news:


  • Modest Mouse [wiki] have a new album due out any day now. (They're from Issaquah, so you know they're cool!) Plus, they're joined this time around by ex-The Smiths guitarist, Johnny Marr. (drool!) I guess this is old news and I've been living under a rock, but I just found out recently (by reading trashy magazines in the gym).





  • Damon Albarn is back with a new album. Blur are one of my favourite bands of all time, so I've been following his post-Blur work with interest. this new album is not by Blur or the Gorillaz; this time he's formed an "unnamed band". Initially it was due to be a solo album (produced by Danger Mouse, no relation to Modest Mouse). The wiki page has some good info - hopefully I can listen to this one on Napster :)




  • Speaking of Danger Mouse, he collaborated on Gnarls Barkley's St. Elsewhere. I'd also not heard this before a few days ago, and it's really good. Reminds me a bit of massive Attack, Portishead, Faithless and Tricky, so if you like those you might like this one too.

No comments: