Thursday, September 15, 2005

Listening to...

I noticed some intersting new albums came out on Yahoo! Music today:
  • The Dandy Warhols "Odditorium or Warlords of Mars"
  • David Gray "Life In Slow Motion"
  • Sigur Ros "Takk..."
  • Tracy Chapman "Where You Live"
  • Paul McCartney "Chaos & Creation In The Backyard"

So far, I've listened to some of "Chaos..." and like most of it. He definitely knows how to write pop! I love "Takk..." - I need to explore more of their albums.

Other recent discoveries of note are Michael Penn (brother of Sean Penn), who does great pop/rock in the vein of Neil Finn/Finn Brothers.
Eels are also incredible, with quite a range of style and emotion over their albums. Their new album "Blinking Lights and Other Revelations" was reviewed in NPR and got me hooked.

No comments: