When winter comes I am always happy to see the return of the seasonal winter ales and beers. This is a pretty unique thing that beer-drinkers get to enjoy - when last did you see a special winter wine or winter vodka? (Yes, of course there is mulled wine and alcoholic eggnog, but you get my point.)
I like to buy at least one pack of each of the winter ales, and maybe even try some new ones. Ones I've tried over the years are:
- 2 Degrees Below from New Belgium (Colorado)
- Winterhook from Red Hook (Seattle-based)
- Ebenezer from Bridgeport (Oregon)
- Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada (California)
- Auld Acquaintance from Pike Brewing (Seattle-based)
- Bifrost from Elysian (Seattle-based)
- Delirium Christmas (Belgium)
Of these, I think my favorite has to be the Ebenezer - it's nice and dark without being too strong.
As you can see, we are spoiled for choice up here in the PNW! :)
What's your favorite winter ale?