Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Perfect wine magazine?

I recently was looking for some magazines to take on my impending road-trip/vacation, and spotted the current issue of Wine Spectator. They managed to hit the trifecta, right on the cover!

  1. An in-depth look at Brunello di Montalcino. I fell in love with this wine recently at our local Italian restaurant, Firenze. (I heart Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino)
  2. A look at red wines from Washington state. Yay! Go us! (I get to be an American/Washingtonian when it suits me...)
  3. A look at new winemakers/wineries in South Africa, including winemaker Eben Sadie who I've mentioned before (and discovered via Garagiste in Seattle). Ironically, Sadie is based a few miles from the town my mom lives in.

I'll let you know what interesting things I learn from these articles once I get back from vacation :)

Happy summer!

No comments: