Saturday, October 07, 2006

Where'd my socks go?!

The answer: they got metaphorically blown off at the symphony last night.

Stefan Jackiw was the visiting soloist and played Mendelssohn 's Violin Concerto. All I can is "Wow!" - this ranks as my favourite performance so far. Technically dazzling, fluid and energetic, mesmerizing to watch. I felt invigorated and deeply moved at the end of the piece. He fully deserved the standing ovation (the whole audience was on its feet), and he came out for six bows.

Interestingly, his parents are both physicists. His father is the noted physicist Roman W. Jackiw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He alos played an encore, a nocturn by Chopin. It was increadably impressive. I watched the movement of the fingers on his left hand, te speed and subtlety of the movement was almost superhuman...